{I think!} 
For the past few weeks I have been scrapping without issue... without stressing about what the page will turn out like... without reason. I have just been scrapping. Of course, I have been doing this scrapping to put on display in Scraptacular, though for the first time in a long time, I have just been scrapping.
The layouts that I have created, have not necessarily been the kind that I have scrapped in the past. For one, I have been working A LOT with Websters Pages papers. While they are pretty, the are not something that I would generally scrap, more than one layout with... though, I have enjoyed this change, immensely.
Secondly, comes the fact that I have used flowers. Yes, I know that I have been known to use the odd flower, though we are not talking a jumbo kind of flower that I would usually use as a large embellishment, we are talking the prima kind... and scarier still... the HANDMADE kind!
These layouts have been detailed, complex, layered pages... nothing like the clean kinds of layouts that I have been doing over the last 6-12 months. I LIKE!! I like creating something, that causes someone to look and look at the page, seeing detail.. and sometimes the tiniest detail, that could, if attention was not paid, be overlooked the first time.
I think I am evolving (again)... I think a change is coming.... and I think... I will enjoy the ride.
{ofcourse, I have no doubt that there will be a fair share of the layouts that have become customarily, my known styled layouts}.
Saturday, July 03, 2010
A change is coming...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah, change is good! I think it is always exciting when I feel the change coming in scrapping :). I am also not much of a flower user.. funny enough :). But don't you stop doing nice clean layouts altogether though! They can have lots of details, too! I often get told how my layouts look so clean simple but when looking at them closer, there is a lot of details.
Hey, by the way, I finally managed to finish that magpie double layout! Woohoo!!! I am suuuuuuuper happy about that :). Feels nice to finish my layouts and hopefully soon I can start creating some new ones, too.
I just love your 'new style' it is simply stunning!
Your raspberries with dimensional magic have inspired me! The technique you used to create the individual berries is awesome!
It is true what you say too, everytime I look at your layouts I see something new, they are wonderful!
It is weird, but I think being on the design team has done something to my scrapping too, like I now have something to prove and so I am actively choosing new techniques ... it is a massive learning curve and I am so thankful that you are on the team with me for inspiration!
Cannot wait to see your next layout!
Well done Laura on getting some layouts completed...
Lexia, what can i say doll? You are an inspiration all on your own... though your comment made me both smile and blush... it made my day.. Thank you!
Post a Comment